29.1.09

Guess who won't be coming to a foot near me?

Why? WHY? WHY?!?

I've been wanting a pair of Justin Roper boots for what seems like a lifetime. Recently, it's moved from strictly want territory to need land, since all my other boots are seriously falling apart in these vicious, icy, salted conditions. If this was 1919 I probably would have died from trench foot weeks ago.

And then I found a pair. A pair of beautiful, pristine, black leather lace up boots with extra long fringe on the toes, in what I estimated to be my size (Ropers purportedly come in men's sizes, making me a 6. I did my research!) And you know what the best part is?


They don't effing fit me!!!

I am distraught from the top of my head down to the tips of my wet, icy toes. A moment is silence, perhaps?

But lo, here is the silver lining: my loss is, as always, your gain. I will be putting them up on my Etsy ASAP, hopefully on Saturday. Just looking at them hurts my soul.


My best guess would put them at an 8.5, but I'll have to do some further investigating outside of the 15 seconds it took me to put one on my foot, stand up, and shed a single tear.

15 comments:

Lauren M. said...

Bummer! I have some, and for once, my big feet (women's size 11) were not a curse!

I hope you find ones in your size soon!

Eyeliah said...

oh dear, I'm sorry.

kalinka said...

whaaaa.. i want them.. how much do you wanna have for them??

WendyB said...

It's terrible when shoes don't have enough sense to fit.

Ringo, have a banana! said...

I'm thinking of asking somewhere in the neighborhood of $30, which is basically just enough to recoup my losses, plus a few bucks in sadness reparations.

Jenny said...

the same thing happened to me. I scored a sweet pair on ebay, but they didn't fit me and I had to sell them. I'm still on the lookout for a pair in my size. stay strong, you'll find your pair!

oh, and I have learned (after visiting the official Justin website) that they are actually called Justin "Lace-R's" because of the laces. go fig.

Anonymous said...

Oh noo! That is a tragic bummer. You should definitely charge more than $30 for them, those boots will fly out of your etsy shop super fast. I didn't know about this style till recently, and since then some of my friends have been getting pairs and they really are awesome!

that'd be dope said...

noooo that is the worst feeling in the world, better luck next time eh!
carlotta

Anonymous said...

oh no i'm sorry, they're so amazing too

Josefina said...

ugh, i feel your pain.
i got my first pair and they fit so perfectly and were a lovely camelish color. since then, i've made it my mission to get a black pair. i think i've bought 3 pairs on ebay? None of which fit, and one of which was a gunmetal color that scored me a pretty penny (okay okay, $25) at a vintage store.
so disheartening, those damn justin boots.

sarah said...

my sincerest condolences. please look into stacy adam's madison boots, they may not be as fringed, but nonetheless i think they're pretty neat...
http://www.stacyadams.com/shop-sa/mensShoes/classic/madison/prod00015.html

happy weekend!!
xo s

{Tara} said...

Ahhh...these bring back memories -- we all used to wear these in junior high..of course, I am from Oklahoma, so it might just be regional thing, LOL. Cute!!

Sally Jane Vintage said...

What's with the sizing on these? I did the same thing. Scored a pair on Ebay in what was presumably my size only to have them show two sizes too big. I ended up reselling them. I still want a pair but now I'm determined not to buy any unless I can try them on first.

bee said...

worst! I'm so wary of buying online but I understand it's often the last resort with hard-to-find goodies. At least now you can chalk up a point with the shopping gods- they totally owe you! And one day shopping karma will pay you off something fierce. You'll be digging through a thrift store and find a gem for nickel!

Today might not have been your day, but tomorrow may be.

The Sexy Pedestrian said...

No! Disaster!