28.1.09

MARRY ME

CHLOË SEVIGNY, “Big Love” star, clothing designer.


WHAT I’M WEARING NOW I have a path of vintage shops in the East Village that I walk around to. The dress is from one them — Atomic Passion, I think. It was really long, like most Edwardian and Victorian dresses, and I cut off one of the tiers. The cardigan is part of my fall collection for Opening Ceremony. It has wool elbow patches and nice, big pockets to shove your hands into when you’re feeling awkward or insecure. My Chanel purse was a Christmas present to myself. It’s like playing Tetris trying to fit all my stuff in it. The boots are an old pair of Prada’s, and the tights are from the Sock Man. I love that place, but the guy’s the grumpiest man on earth. He’s like the Soup Nazi, but he sells socks.

STYLE CREDO I’m not feeling these modern, futuristic looks. It’s too hard. I love a frilly floral, and I always will. And I like minis. I tried to do a pencil skirt, but it looked too old. Lately I’ve been trying to dress sexier, but my version is still a little sad and frumpy and alternative. I get concerned that I don’t dress age appropriate, but at 34, I figure I can still pull it off for a couple more years.

MY INSPIRATION The kids I see on the street. Sometimes I sit in Tompkins Square Park and just check out all the looks. I recently got this book “Skins & Punks.” It really inspired my new collection. And my own style — I just bought a pair of cherry red Doc Martens.

ON MY WISH LIST Perfect jeans. After all these years, I still haven’t found them. Right now I’m looking for some light blue ones for spring.

(Image and text via New York Times Fashion & Style by Karin Nelson)

7 comments:

AFitz said...

I LOVE THIS WOMAN SO MUCH THAT I CAN ONLY USE CAPSLOCK WHEN SPEAKING OF HER

Suzy said...

Ohemmgee, check out the adorable expression on her face.

She so just helped me figure out what to do with an old, old dusty pink Edwardian dress I got at a yard sale two years ago and still haven't been able to wear. Yes. Perfect. Go.

hotdoorknobs said...

I've seen this somewhere befffffffffore. Hahaha.

<3 <3

Eyeliah said...

Thanks for sharing, I love how she gives all the outfit details.

Ringo, have a banana! said...

I LOVE HER SO MUCH I CAN ONLY RESPOND TO YOUR COMMENT BY USING CAPS LOCK AND SAYING "AAAAAAAAAAA!"

Anonymous said...

How can one person encompass that is good in the world?

Anonymous said...

she's just amazing