22.8.11

SO RIGHT, RIGHT NOW

soright2

soright6

soright5

soright4

soright1

After pounding the pavement all day from Indre By to Christianshavn with a canal boat in between, up to the tippy top of the Our Saviour's Church, through the seedy twists and turns of Christiania and back again in time for dinner--I wasted some hard earned time tonight catching up on internet biz. Through the sea of utter crap lining the pages of Fashion Gone Rogue and all together too many fussy DIY chevron-chellaced armoirs came this enormous breath of fresh air courtesy of Vanessa Jackman. Her photos from behind the scenes at an MiH Jeans lookbook shoot are everything that is good, casual but crisp, relaxed but smart, and just plain right, right now.

At the moment it's looking like my only clothing purchase from Copenhagen may end up being an awfully nice white tee shirt that I picked up at COS today. And I'm pretty ok with that.

All photos by Vanessa Jackman, please provide credit if reposting :n )

11 comments:

Annalise said...

I love all these classic looks, but they just don't look "right" on me. Some girls can pull them off so well. How do they do it?
XOXO

hanna cousins said...

wow these photos are beautiful, i love how her hair was styled, it really complements her outfit.

Unknown said...

Help me please for Christ sake

Anonymous said...

I just arrived in Copenhagen this weekend to study abroad for the semester. so far I've gotten very lost and wandered into several H&Ms. from your own adventures, where would you recommend I visit next?

I agree -- this editorial is lovely!

Ringo, have a banana! said...

lookthroughmyspecs: I'll email you ASAP, I'm so jealous! :n )

Meg said...

COS is the best!! It needs to come to America ASAP!

Claire said...

Such pretty photos! They're very clean and crisp, looking at them almost feels like walking outside early on a summer morning.

Instant Flowers said...

amazing! so pretty.

sarah said...

that first shot: my dream jeans materialized.

Ringo, have a banana! said...

Re: the jeans, I know! I was searching so hard for a similar pair (perfectly worn in vintage Levi's 501s, ideally) while we were in Denmark and Sweden. I almost thought I had found a pair in Malmo at a place called MANI, but fortunately I tried them on one last time before buying and discovered some pretty unforgivable camel-toe tendencies...so the hunt continues. Wah!

Freya said...

Delicious! I love the first outfit, sort of early 90s but totally contemporary because of the hair and rolled up jeans!